Back pain happens to everybody. No one is immune from back pain. Almost every adult on the planet suffers from back pain. This article will educate you and help you to discover what you should know about back pain. Here are five things you should know about back pain.
1. Back pain can occur from no clear reason and at any time on the spine. The most vulnerable areas of pain on the back are the neck, mid back, and the waist. Pain in any of the areas mentioned can be so horrible and discomforting; it has the possibility to prevent one’s sleep. Prolonged pain in these three different areas in the back may even extend and affect other parts of the body. E.g. chronic pain in the neck may refer to the shoulders and hands.
2. Chronic back pain has rendered many people bedridden. If you will recall, you must have read, heard or seen some colleagues that are bedridden as a result of back pain. Good number of people has been on their wheelchairs or beds. They neither can stand nor walk. Back pain of this nature can also affect the health and emotional well – being of the sufferer. Sufferers can be furious and uncomfortable and can be pushed to suicide to escape pain.
3. Back pain doesn’t discriminate. There are sufferers everywhere. It’s not restricted to office workers. Executive in offices are not immune to back pain. They suffer back pain just as a mere clerk. Do you know that long hours of sitting and standing can expose one to back pain? When a person sits in a particular position for a few minutes, the muscles that gives support to your lower back and your neck become tired. When they become tired, you relax, exposing yourself in a position of poor posture.
4. Back pain can affect the normal functioning of some vital organs in your body. Most deformities in the elderly are as a result of poor posture and continue back pain that was not treated early or neglected. This can be very dangerous and hazardous especially when the pain affect the normal performance of our body organ e.g. the lungs are contracted and our breathing are affected. Stomach and other internal organs will be prevented of their normal function. It could also affect the bowel movement, urine control and penile erection.
5. If you stay in a poor posture long enough, pain in the back will result and when this poor sitting has become a routine, it may also cause deformation of the nucleus of the disc of the vertebral joint. Once this happens, pain will occur not only from a particular position one may have assumed, but also from a certain movement also. This can also happen when one stands for a long period in any of the situation. But our backs are relaxed when we sit or stand in a comfortable position.
The good news is that, there is a way out of this horrible, distracting, and discomforting situation and enemy called back pain. The option of skilful physiotherapy help in matter of minutes and will consequently restore movement and function of your painful back.
There are other things you must know about the back pain but the five listed above are glaring and if they should be attended to, the problem would reduce drastically and you will be fine from any form of back pain.