It is clear that most bloggers tend to start out a simple blog using www.blogger.com but when the blog starts growing and becoming popular, you also will want to enlarge. Finding a more complicated blogging platform and functions surely will lead you to WordPress. Therefore, if you find yourself in this position, worry less. It is very simple to move a blogspot blog to WordPress. Just follow simple guidelines and you are done. However, it should be noted that you need to install a WordPress blog before you can move your blog. There are several posts on how to build a WordPress Blog on this blog, so make sure you search for it and learn.
WordPress has taken all over the internet. Over 20 million websites and blogs are sitting on WordPress. This agrees with the founder of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg’s claim that over 1000 Blogspot blogs move to WordPress per day. WordPress, with it ease of use, beautiful and ready-made themes and wonderful plugins, have become the king of blog platform till today.
See below simple steps to move your .blogspot.com blog to WordPress.
1. Login to your WordPress Admin, go to Tools and click Import.
2. Click Blogger and a pop-up will come out, click Install Now
3. Click Authorise to tell Blogger to let WordPress access your account
4. Authorising this will land you to Google Account page, click on Grant Access
5. You will then see all your Posts and Comments on your Blogger blog, click Import.
6. Assign the imported Posts to your WordPress blog Author Name.
So simple. You now have all your blogger posts and comments on your newly created WordPress blog.
If you are moving to a newly install WordPress blog, it should be noted that your blog rank, traffic and other things will come down. So move on, get your new domain indexed by major search engines and in no time, you should get going. That is the update for now from SOJblog.com.
1. Buy Cheap Domain Name and Web Host: www.sojhost.com
2. I can move your entire blogspot to WordPress for a token. Contact me (08066785508)
3. Buy my WordPress Setup Guide to become WordPress Pro at www.mycyberblogs.com/john.html
4. Let me create and design WordPress for you: www.sojblog.com/services