If you want to experience and enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping online and banking from the comfort of your home, at work or abroad, then you should consider Internet Banking. I have been using Internet Banking in Nigeria specifically from Guaranty Trust Bank Plc for about 2 years now and I can say it is the best. If you observed very well, you will noticed I like writing about GTBank, well that is because I use their services and I know much a lot about them. By the way, in the coming weeks, I will be talking about other banks in Nigeria and their Internet Banking products.
GTBank Internet Banking, according to GTBank.com, launches you into a world without limits. It is a robust channel designed with the state-of –the-art technology that gives you unlimited access to your accounts and allows you conveniently perform over 90% of your bank transactions online real-time.
That means if you can perform over 90% of bank transaction, you wouldn’t have the cause to ‘visit’ bank again. As for me, I can barely remember the last time I visited bank last. I checked my balance online, transfer funds to friends and family online, print out my statement and almost every other things I can do in the banking hall.
Why Should I Go for Internet Banking?
- Easy access to your account(s) from anywhere in the world.
- Online real-time account monitoring facility.
- Convenience of conducting banking transactions from comfort of home/office.
- Guaranteed security for all your online transactions.
- Easy Access to bank information and products.
- Effective, cheaper and easier way for our customers to communicate with banks.
- Allows 24/7 access to account.
What Can I Do with Internet Banking?
- Check your balance, monitor transactions and print your account statement.
- Pay utility bills, transfer funds between your accounts and to other beneficiaries.
- Request, confirm and stop cheques.
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways)
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Change password and update your personal details.
How to Apply for Your GTBank Internet Banking
1. Go to any branch of GTBank to request and fill the Internet Banking Form or alternatively if you hate going to banks, you can complete the Internet Banking Application and Token Request Form online. Click here to download the form.
2. You can then scan and email the completed form to email@example.com or submit it at any Guaranty trust Bank branch.
3. Then the next thing is to contact GTConnect (GTB Contact Center) to obtain your log-in details (Username and Password)
4. After you must have gotten your login details, you can then logon to https://ebank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx and enter your Username and Password (given to you by GTB)
5. Inside your account, you can see your Account Balance and other things.
However, to be able to transfer funds or make payment online or shop online, you will need to get a device called Token. Token will provide you with more security and generate Activation Codes with it.
If you are still experiencing problems in the use of this service or would like further information about GTBank online banking, you can email your queries or request to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial GTB contact centre on 0700 GTCONNECT (0700 482666328) 01-4480000, 08029002900, 08039003900 and follow the voice prompt or press 2 and 0 to speak to an Agent.
So if you are banking with GTB (or wanted to) and you have not taken the advantage to benefit from GTBank Internet Banking in Nigeria, you better do because it will also help in the current Cash-Less Policy instructed by the CBN to be implemented by all the banks in Nigeria. And if you do not bank with GTB, you can consult your bank for their Internet Banking products and services.
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You