Have you been seeing a personalized email address around and you wish to create your own but do not know how to do it? Do not worry, I will give a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to create a personalized email address.
A personalized email address like email@example.com, will always present you as a professional in your niche. Instead of presenting a general and free email address like firstname.lastname@example.org to your customers or visitors, you can also create a customized email address with your own domain name. One of my own personalized address you can use to contact me is email@example.com which as you can see, I have created from the blog you are reading now.
Okay, enough of stories and tell me how I can create my own personalised email address from my domain name.
Here are the simple things you need to do. I will be using cPanel as a case study here because that is what I use personally.
1. Login to your cPanel which can be accessed through www.YourSiteName.com/cpanel
2. After a successful login, go straight to the ‘Mail’ tab and click ‘Email Accounts’. That is where you manage the email accounts associated with your domain
3. Fill in the form as desire. The first box is where you enter your desired email address, e.g. info or admin. The box after it will show your domain name. Enter a very strong password or generate one into the 2nd and 3rd boxes. You can also allocate the size of your email account, maybe 50MB, 250MB or unlimited.
4. Click ‘Create Account’
Friend, you have just created a personalised email address for your website. Click ‘Go Back’ to see your newly email address in the ACCOUNT @ DOMAIN box. Now that you have just created a personalised email address with your domain name, how will you be accessing your emails?
How to Read Emails Sent to Your Personalized Email Address
To read your mails is so simple as reading Gmail messages. Whenever you were sent a mail or just wanted to check you mail box, you will be using ‘Webmail’. Webmail allows you to access your email from any computer with access to Internet connection and a web browser. You can also check your email through a desktop application. In this case, you will have to configure the application with your mail configuration, like the Mail Server (which is most likely to be mail.yoursitename.com), Username (which is your email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and your Password. It is a good idea to check ‘My Server Requires Authentication’ as most mail servers require this option.
To check your mail using browser;
– Login to your cPanel
– Locate the ‘Mail’ tab and click ‘Webmail’
– Click ‘Go to Secure Webmail Login’
– Choose the application you wish to use in reading your mails. We have Horde, RoundCube and SquirrelMail (which I use)
– The next page should show you your mail messages if you have any.
From that page, you can also compose and send messages to others and delete unwanted messages.
If you do not want to be logging into your cPanel every time or you just want the messages sent to your personalized email address to be delivered to another email address like your Gmail or Yahoo email address, you need to make use of ‘Forwarders’.
Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mails from one email address to another. For example, if you have two different email accounts, like email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, you could forward all mails coming to email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you do not need to be logging into your cPanel each time to check your mails.
To forward your mails to another email address, do this;
– Login to your cPanel
– Under the ‘Mail’ tab, click ‘Forwarders’
– Click ‘Add Forwarders’
– Enter the email address you want to forward, e.g. email@example.com
– Enter the destination email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
– Click Forwarder
You can now get yourself a customize and personalized email address with your custom domain name, check your mails and also forward your mails to a destination email address. In the next update, I will be talking on how to get yourself a personalized email address if you are a Blogspot blogger. Subscribe to my blog to get latest and daily updates from me. Enter your email address below in the box and click Subscribe.
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You