Freezers just like any other household gadgets have to be regularly maintained for efficient working. But unfortunately, it is a maintenance practice that is being neglected by many people. The reason for the neglect is not farfetched. Some people, because it doesn’t look dirty at sight think there is no need cleaning it and they believe it is not dirty at all. Others want to clean it but they don’t know how to clean up their freezers.
Have you ever wondered how to clean up your freezer? Do you think because it’s always closed; there is no dirt inside? Now, think about this;
Do you know that the more times you open the door, the more frequent you will need to remove the ice? This is because the vapour in the air that gets into the freezer every time you open the door will form ice when it freezes and the dust and dirt in the vapour, remains in the ice. Can you imagine how dirty your freezer will be at the end of every week if it is not cleaned? Don’t because sometimes you may not see the dirt think it’s not there. Clean your freezers and other household gadgets as often as possible; it can increase its efficiency and life span.
Here is a practical step to help you clean up your freezer and make it look new again.
1. Remove your freezer from power supply, i.e. remove the power cable of your freezer from electric source to avoid electrocution while you clean it.
2. Remove all the stuffs you have inside.
3. Remove the drawers, trays, and ice cube trays.
4. Use clean towels at the base of the freezer to catch water.
5. Aid defrosting by placing a bowel of warm water inside the freezer. Though many of the modern freezers do not need defrosting as they already come with a mechanism for defrosting built in them. But if you have an older model requiring defrosting, try to do it regularly to keep the freezer running efficiently.
6. Run a hot towel along the seal of the freezer door, removing any crumbs and debris.
7. Wash all the drawers and trays with tiny drops of washing liquid and hot water. Bi-carbonate of soda is an excellent solution. It cleans and freshens odour. You may also add vanilla essence to the washing solution for added freshness and delightful odour. Rinse and leave to air dry.
8. When all the ice has gone, fill your bowel with warm water, sprinkle soda bi-carbonate in the bottom of the freezer, soak your towel in the water and thoroughly wipe inside the walls, seal of the door, inside door and base of the freezer. Use clean towel to dry it all.
9. Replace all the drawer trays, ice cube containers and finally your stuffs. You can now connect your freeze back to power supply.
Congratulations! Your freezer now looks as good as new!
I believe these tips helps? If you need more tips, you may contact a dealer near you or check your user’s guide. Keep your environments clean – it pays.
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You