You can now easily Google ‘Find My Phone‘ to locate your misplaced or stolen android device anywhere you are so far you have access to internet. This issue might arise one day and I thought I should share this trick with you.
Although, you can use a Google app called Android Device Manager to track and secure your android device remotely, Google has extend the ability to search and track your android devices through the regular Google search.
With the keyword ‘Find My Phone’ you can remotely track your device, make it to ring (even if it was put in silent mode), reset the lock code, or delete all data on your device.
I have known this trick for long and never tried it out until recently when I misplaced my HTC Android phone (which was put in silent mode) right inside my house. I then used this trick to locate and ring my phone.
Steps To Locate Your Lost/Stolen Android Phone
1. Go to www.google.com
2. Type into the search box; find my phone
3. Google will attempt to search for your phone and show you the location on a map. The distance (in meters) will also be shown.
1. You must be signed in to the same Google mail you used on the lost or stolen phone.
2. Your lost or stolen phone’s data must be switched on before this feature can work.
3. Your android device must have the latest version of the Google app. for the ‘find my phone’ feature to work properly.
With this feature, apart from locating your android phone, you can as well ring your phone even if it was in silent mode. Your device will ring at full volume for 5 minutes.
You can also lock and reset the phone password. You can also erase all data on the phone.
Other keywords such as ‘locate lost android phone’, ‘search my phone’, ‘locate my phone’, also work fine with this feature.
I hope this feature can help you find and locate your lost or stolen android phone. Use the comment form below for any question or comment.
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You