Finally, Paypal service is now live in Nigeria. Anyone Nigerian can now operate a Paypal account in Nigeria, without having to change his/her IP because Paypal now accepts Nigeria.
Nigeria and 9 other countries (Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, Belarus, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro and Paraguay) now have the privilege of transacting business online with a Paypal account, legally.
Now, one of the top questions most Nigerians are asking is ‘how do I open and verify my Paypal account‘. In this piece, I will be answering that question, in details.
How to Open a Nigeria Paypal Account Without Changing IP
Gone are those days when you need to buy a VPN or change your Nigeria IP to a US or UK IP before you could open or access a Paypal account. Opening a Paypal account is now easy and safe.
1. Go to www.paypal.com/ng
2. Click the Sign Up button at the top right corner
3. Choose Nigeria as your country and then click Open an account
The following page should bring out a short form where you need to enter your information.
4. Enter your correct Name (which must be the same as the one with your bank), Address and phone number. You can use ‘23400’ as your Postal code if you do not know yours.
5. Next, you should link your ATM card with your Paypal account. Doing this will connect your Paypal account with your Nigeria bank account and you will be able to purchase anything online with your Paypal email address.
So, tick the box asking your to link your credit card. See the image below:
6. Enter your ATM Card Number (the number in front of your ATM card)
7. Enter the Expiration date of your ATM card
8. Enter your card’s CSC (it’s the 4-digit number at the back of your card)
9. Then click Agree and Create Account
A confirmation mail will be sent to the email you entered during registration. Go check the mail and activate your account. You will be prompt to enter your password, do so to log in.
You now got yourself a Paypal account.
How to Verify Your Nigeria Paypal Account
To have a functional Paypal account, you have to link it to your bank account and also verify that you actually owns the bank account.
I’m so much in love with GTBank, so I tried it with my GTBank Naira MasterCard that comes with my Savings Account and behold, it works. It should be noted that I have been using this Card to transact business online before now.
You must have a working Visa Card or MasterCard for this to work.
To do this with your own bank account, you need to link your ATM Card to your Paypal account.
1. Sign in to your Paypal account with your email address and your password
2. Click Get Verified or click the Link and confirm credit or debit card link at the right hand-side
3. Then you will need to confirm your card details
4. Once you click the Continue button, Paypal will charge your card $1.95. This is done so as to make sure the card details are correct and to be sure the card is actually yours. Although this money will be refunded within 24 hours of confirming your Card.
5. The charge creates a unique 4-digit code on your card statement. You will need this code to verify your Card. To get this code, check your bank SMS or Email Alert. The code will be within the ‘description’ like this:
6. Now, copy this code somewhere safe and sign in to your Paypal account again.
7. Click the Confirm my debit or credit card link
8. Then enter the 4-digit code you got from your bank statement into the Enter Paypal code box.
If success, you should see something like this:
Immediately, your Paypal account status should change to Verified.
You now have a Verified Paypal account that can be used to purchase goods and services online.
NOTE: There are still some kind of Limits Paypal placed on Nigeria Paypal account. So for now, ‘peer-to-peer’ transaction is disabled you won’t be able to receive fund into your Paypal account.
Although your Paypal account balance might be reading $0.00, you can still make use of it to purchase anything on the internet where Paypal is required.
If you want to purchase goods or services on the internet using your Paypal account, you simply need your Paypal email and password and the money will be deducted from your Nigeria bank account that is associated with the ATM card you linked with your Paypal account.
I have successfully use my new Nigeria Paypal account to purchase a domain online and it works just fine.
If you have any question, please do make use of the comment form below.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to find out how I did it.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a U.S company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.
WARNING TO MEN: These 3 foods is killing your erection & sexual performance. Click here to know them.
ONE game cut your ticket? Don't worry. NairaBET go still pay you. Click here to register with NairaBET.