Ikokore is a delicacy among the Ijebu people of Yorubaland. It is sometimes called Ifokore and there is no way you can prepare ikokore without water yam (Isu Ewura in Yoruba).
Good foods they say are the best thing to happen to any man hunger. And the Yorubas are known for their exceptional cooking techniques and delicacies.
No wonder Bethenny Frankel said ‘Your diet is your bank account. Good food choices are good investments’.
Good food must be ate with family and friends so grab your pen and jotter and put all this procedure down. I am going to share with you one of many varieties of good food that hails from Ogun State south-western part Nigeria.
Below are the ingredients, guidelines, and ways of preparing ikokore.
Ingredients for Making Ikokore
1. Water yam
2. Seasonings (Knorr, Royco, Star or any brand you prefer)
3. Stockfish/Kanda or ponmo
7. Palm oil
Before the food is cooked the yam needs little processing, just like a computer needs booting process before starting work.
Firstly, slice your water yam, then peel it. The yam is mashed using a manual grater, often used for grating okro, vegetables, etc. Rub each slices of the peeled water yam against the smallest surface of your manual grater.
After grating, the solid peeled yam will look loosened and becomes paste-like. Sometimes the yam brings out a reddish color, that doesn’t mean it has spoilt, so just continue grinding until all have been completely done.
Steps in Preparing Ijebu Ikokore
1. Place a pot on the fire with little amount of water depending on the quantity of yam mashed.
2. Let the water boil a little and add some pepper (cameroon pepper, ground or any type of pepper you feel like using).
3. Afterwards, the yam is put in the boiling water in smaller quantity as if u want to make a dough (e.g. eba). Wait for about two minutes so the yam becomes moulded to give you a nice meal.
4. Add some seasonings (Knorr or any brand you chose to use) after adding the seasoning. Some people don’t really like Maggi a lot but adding two cubes is what I will recommend.
5. Add the stocked fish, please note that stock fish should be watched and boiled because of the preserving method sellers used. Add ponmo which can also be boiled along with the fish and cut into smaller pieces to make it go round whole pot, and then add crayfish and allow to cook for another two minute but this time with low temperature.
6. Use turning stick to break the moulded yam so it won’t look funny when done.
7. Add little water if u want it watery or don’t if u want the yam in moulded form, the watery part is always tasty and makes you crave for more. But as a starter little water is recommended then afterwards you can increase it.
8. Lastly, add palm oil to give it the best look, the palm oil is very essential in any food just like groundnut oil. It makes the food reddish and very sweet, leave for 10 minutes with low temperature afterwards and then allow to simmer.
Your Ijebu ikokore is ready! You can eat your yummy ikokore as served or eat with eba.
Do you get an unsatisfied response from your wife after making love? Discover a great natural solution that changed my story and put an end to weak erection and premature ejaculation permanently. Click here.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to read my story.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a foreign company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.