When you hear the word Suya your mind is drawn to a particular type of roasted meat that is particularly prepared by an Hausa man in the northern Nigeria known as Mai Suya which of course is found at every corner in the norther Nigeria in short, every street. It also found every where in the country. and this type of roasted meat is loved by all from my survey so far be it an Igbo man, Yoruba man, in short it cut across all tribes in Nigeria.
We might ask why is this Suya meat so special among the Hausa’s and even among all. Do you know the reason?. The reason is the spice, also called ‘Yaji’ in Hausa language. Take the spice away from the roasted meat it will become like any other roasted meat. During my NYSC service year in Zamfara State I was able to gather some information regarding how this is prepared and of course, I did try it out and you know what, it tasted exactly like the one prepared by Mai Suya. Let see how this is prepared.
The Ingredient Needed
- Kuli Kuli = 6 spoonful
- Cayenne Pepper = 2 spoonful
- Ginger Powder= 6 spoonful
- African Negro Pepper = 11 strands
- 1 Stock cube
- 1/2 Salt
Note the following;
- I believe every Nigerians should know what kuli kuli is. Kuli kuli is usually gotten form groundnut. And it is well known with taking garri.
- We shall be making use of the flakes of the Cayenne pepper. The flakes are the dry skin of the Cayenne pepper. Make sure the pepper is dry. The flakes is what we will be needing.
- Ginger powder can be gotten from the market or better still get dry ginger from the market and grind it to make powder.
- Africa negro pepper might be strange to us but not to worry, you can equally get it from the market. Its called Uda in Igbo, Eru in Yoruba and Kimba in Hausa.
How to Preparing Suya Spice
- Crush the kuli kuli with your mortal and pestle for easy grinding.
- Crush your Cayenne pepper gently so that you will be able to get the flakes. We only need the flakes (skin).
- The Africa negro pepper should be broken into pieces too.
Pour all this into a bowl. I mean, the crushed Kuli Kuli, Ginger powder, Cayenne pepper flakes, salt and the stock cube. Mix them all together in the bowl.
Note: The Ginger powder and Kuli Kuli should be of the same proportion to get the desire result.
After this, the next step is to grind it either in grinding mill or using coffee grinder to grind it till it turn powder. Then sift it with a sieve to remove all the particles of the ingredient that was unable to blend well during the grinding process.
Now, your Suya Spice is ready to be used for spicing. So, you can start enjoying your Suya without visiting the ‘University of Suya’, ‘Faculty of Nourishment or Taste’ as it is been described or called in ZM. I mean Zamfara State.
Note: The measurement of the ingredient used, was actually used to prepare 140g of Suya Spice. You can actually use the measurement here as a guide to more or smaller quantity.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to find out how I did it.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a U.S company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.
WARNING TO MEN: These 3 foods is killing your erection & sexual performance. Click here to know them.
ONE game cut your ticket? Don't worry. NairaBET go still pay you. Click here to register with NairaBET.