It might be necessary to change your vehicle’s thermostat if your vehicle start overheating or doesn’t warm up properly. You may have trouble warming up your car if it doesn’t keep the liquid in the engine long enough. This occurs whenever the thermostat sticks in the open position.
Changing or replacing a vehicle’s thermostat is very easy and simple. Because thermostats are not that expensive, you may want to try replacing it yourself before calling on an engineer.
NOTE: Always make sure that your car engine is totally cooled before attempting to change the thermostat for a new one.
If your engine is running too hot or overheating, then it is time you replace your thermostat for a new one.
Parts and Tools Needed to Replace the Thermostat
1. Replacement thermostat
2. Possible replacement of upper and lower radiator hoses
4. Radiator Cap
You will also need the following TOOLS:
1. Cooling system pressure tester
2. Screw Driver
3. Radiator Hook Tool
4. Needle nose pliers
5. 3/8 Rachet
NOTE: Depending on your car/vehicle specification or type, the parts might differ so always refer to your vehicle manual
SAFETY EQUIPMENTS NEEDED
1. Safety glasses
3. Closed toe shoe when working in your vehicle
Here Are the Steps or Procedures in Replacing the Thermostat
1. Open the head and locate the vehicle radiator
2. Make sure the vehicle is cooled down before insertion
3. Remove the vehicle radiator cap
4. Use the radiator pressure tester to check for leaks
5. Drain out some of the engine coolant from the radiator until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing, this will prevent leaking when replacing the thermostat
6. If necessary remove the upper radiator hose (make sure not to damage the hose)
7. Remove the thermostat housing bolt
8. Remove the thermostat housing
9. Remove the thermostat
NOTE: Take note of the way the thermostat was installed so as to fit it in same way, installing backwards will affect the way the cooling system performs
10. Clean the mouthing surface
11. Install the new thermostat as it was removed and always use a new thermostat gasket
12. Reinstall thermostat housing
13. Tighten bolt evenly
14. If applicable reconnect the upper radiator hose
15. Refill the cooling system with coolant
16. Start the car with the radiator cap off and allow the engine to run for several minutes as it will allow air bubbles to escape the cooling system
17. Finally re-install the radiator cap
That is all. So simple and easy way of replacing your car’s thermostat. Now, you can run your car engine until normal operating temperature is obtained.
NOTE: Remember to keep an eye on the temperature gauge to prevent OVERHEATING.
Do you get an unsatisfied response from your wife after making love? Discover a great natural solution that changed my story and put an end to weak erection and premature ejaculation permanently. Click here.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to find out how I did it.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a U.S company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.
WARNING TO MEN: These 3 foods is killing your erection & sexual performance. Click here to know them.
ONE game cut your ticket? Don't worry. NairaBET go still pay you. Click here to register with NairaBET.