Currently, Tecno is becoming a brand on everyone’s mouth in Nigeria. Unlike other China-made mobile phones, Tecno produces high-end, quality mobile phones, running on Android Operating System for a very cheap price. Tecno N7, one of Tecno’s latest phones, is not left out. Tecno N7 runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) on a 5-inch TFT touchscreen display with a resolution of 480×800 pixels, which makes it suitable for browsing. But at times, we might want to make use of a computer to do some certain things and decided to use our phone as modem.
I happened to get to a point where I wanted to connect my Tecno N7 to my laptop so as to connect to internet and browse, but I find it a little bit difficult at first. Not until I played with the phone for about 30 minutes, then I found out a solution.
If you are using a Tecno N7 phone and you want to use the device to connect your computer (desktop or laptop or other wireless devices such as PS3 or mobile phones), then follow the instructions in this blog post.
There are three easy ways you can use to connect your mobile phone to your computer as modem and I will be explaining them in step-by-step procedure below.
3 Methods to Connect Tecno N7 to Computer as Modem
Method #1: Using Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
Your Tecno N7 comes with a portable Wi-Fi hotspot which you can utilize if your computer or device also has a Wireless capability. With this phone, you can make other computers (including wireless-enabled phones and devices) to share your phone’s data bundle wirelessly.
To share your internet bundle with your computer using this method, do the following;
1. Make sure your mobile phone is switched on and within the wireless coverage area (usually about 100m).
2. Make sure your computer wireless adapter is also switched on.
3. On your phone, go to Settings.
4. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, press More…
5. Then touch (or click) Tethering & portable hotspot
6. In the list of options under the Tethering & portable hotspot, touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
Under Network SSID, you can enter anything here. This is just to name your connection.
Under Security, pick WPA2 PSK
Under Password, enter something you can easily remember here. It must have at least 8 characters. This can be alphanumeric, with symbols or just only alphabets.
Then click Save
7. And then check (the box in front of) Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. Your device Wi-Fi will be turned on automatically and ready to be tapped into.
8. By now, your computer or other wireless-enabled device should have seen an available wireless connection. Click on the internet connection icon on the System Tray on your computer, and then locate your phone’s Wi-Fi name (the one you specify in #6 above), then click it and click Connect. You will be asked to enter a password, enter the one you choose in #6 above.
9. You have just been connected. You can then continue to browse on your computer using your Tecno N7’s Wi-Fi hotspot.
When your device is serving as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you can not use your device’s applications to access the internet via its Wi-Fi connection (but of course you remain connected to the internet via your mobile data network).
Method #2: Using USB Tethering
You can tether your Tecno N7 Android phone to your computer with a USB cable, to share your phone’s internet connection with your computer. This method has been confirmed with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux. So if you are using a different version of Operating System, try it out and let me know (via the comment form below this article) if it works. To connect your Tecno N7 phone to your computer using the USB tethering method, follow the following procedure;
1. Make sure you connect your phone with your computer with the USB cable that comes with your device (it’s the same with the charger, just detach from the plug and plug it into your computer’s USB port).
2. Once plugged in, just press the Back button on your phone and then go to Settings
3. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, touch More…
4. Then touch Tethering & portable hotspot
5. In the list of options under the Tethering & portable hotspot, check (the box in front of) USB tethering
6. Your phone will then be tethered with your computer and your computer will be connected to the internet automatically.
If your device has an SD Card (Memory Card) or USB storage, you can not mount it on your computer when USB tethered.
Method #3: Using Bluetooth Tethering
You can also tether your Android device to your computer via a Bluetooth connection, to share your phone’s internet connection with your computer. To do this, follow the following steps;
1. Make sure your computer and mobile phone’s bluetooth is switch on and within the coverage area.
2. On your phone, go to Settings.
3. Under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, press More…
4. Then touch Tethering & portable hotspot
5. In the list of options under the Tethering & portable hotspot, touch Bluetooth tethering to check its box. You will need to pair both devices if you’ve not done so before.
6. On your PC, right-click on the Bluetooth icon on the System Tray and click Show Bluetooth Devices.
7. Double-click on your phone’s bluetooth name and then click the Connect button.
8. And voila… your Tecno N7 Android phone’s internet connection will be shared on your PC and you can now start browsing on your computer, either laptop or desktop.
Bluetooth tethering works with any computer or other device that can obtain an internet connection via Bluetooth.
With all these three methods to connect your Tecno N7 or any other Android mobile device, I believe you shouldn’t have any problem using your phone to browse on your computer or any other compatible device.
If you like this post, why don’t you say a little ‘thank you‘ by sharing it with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Also, if you have question, comment or feedback, make use of the comment form below.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to find out how I did it.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a U.S company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.
WARNING TO MEN: These 3 foods is killing your erection & sexual performance. Click here to know them.
ONE game cut your ticket? Don't worry. NairaBET go still pay you. Click here to register with NairaBET.