If you are an Information Marketer or you are planning to be, then this free tool is a must-have for you. After you must have finished writing your info product, next thing is to convert it into a Portable Document Format (PDF), which is the most widely used ebook format. Although there are other types of ebook format, but PDF is the most popular, been known for its easy of use.
Imagine if you have to write an ebook and you begin sharing the ebook in MS Word’s .doc format. Anyone can edit your ebook as they wish. The ebook will not be portable and will be large. The ebook will not be presentable. And that is where PDF comes in.
Portable Document Format (PDF), according to Wikipedia, is an open standard for document exchange. This file format, created by Adobe Systems in 1993, is used for representing documents in a manner independent of application software, hardware and operating systems.
Now, enough definitions, let us go straight to discover an easy way to convert our Microsoft Word Document (.doc or .docx) into PDF format.
.doc is the file extension for MS Word 2003 while .docx is the file extension for MS Word 2007
Although there are various free online tools meant for converting Microsoft Word documents to PDF, but at times, you might not have access to the internet, that is where this method comes in. With this simple method, you did not need an internet connection before you can convert your documents.
The only tool we need to convert our documents is Microsoft Save as PDF. This tool is a 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in, which allows you to export and save Microsoft Documents as PDF or XPS.
This tool supports Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2003 and works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007
That means, you can’t only convert MS Word to PDF format with this free tool, you can also convert all the above also to PDF or XPS format.
So How Do I Convert My Microsoft Office Documents to PDF Format?
Follow these steps below:
1. We need the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in, click the twitter button below to download Microsoft Save as PDF
[tweegi-button name=”Tweet to Download”]
3. After you must have successfully installed this software, you are now ready to start using it.
Now to convert, for example, a MS Word document to a PDF file format:
4. Open the WORD document you want to convert
5. Click the File menu
6. Point your pointer to Save As
7. Select PDF or XPS and enter the File Name and File Type
8. And wow… you got your MS Word in a PDF format.
See image below for the document I have just converted:
Then go ahead to view your new document in PDF format. You can now upload it and direct your customers to download it.
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You