The term Omoniles means the traditional land owners. These omoniles are mostly feared because of the many they had caused to real estate investors. These set of people never bothered if the day suddenly turns into night whenever they’re on rampage.
The omoniles antics includes selling a single landed property to multiple buyers, reselling of already sold land to another buyer after discovering that the land has appreciate in value and relocating the previous buyer to a more distant place, collection of taxes and fines on land already sold, selling of dispute land to buyers etc.
Recently, Lagos state government has made moves to find a lasting solution to curb the criminal activities of these unscrupulous elements called Omo Onile on commercial activities because of the nuisances and threats they pose to the peace of the citizenry and investors. The state government has taken it upon itself to enforce its rights over land in Lagos and to also to work with all security agencies to implement state government and private property rights in the state.
But before these laws will be put in place, here are 10 basic things you need to know about the Land grabbers (Omoniles) before committing your hard earn money into their hands.
1. Just like you and I, the Omoniles are human beings with flesh and blood running in their veins and therefore should not be feared. Rather, you should strive to understand them and what makes them tick. By so doing you would understand them and know how to deal with them.
2. Omoniles and the love for money go hands in hands. All omoniles are totally money driven and materialistic. If you have the money you would forever be their master.
3. Because the omoniles are closed to land and traditional communities they love reverence.
4. When Omoniles sale land to you, they never thought of keeping any for the future. The next thing on their mind is to marry more wives and bear as many children as possible.
5. If you bought land from Omoniles please keep some money aside because they are still going to come back to you after lavishing the money they got from the land sales on parties and fun fairs.
6. If the above occurs, they become militants and will find a way of extorting money from you.
7. For Every troubles omoniles makes, they sometimes get less because of their complex family structure.
8. When dealing with omoniles, try to show to them that you’re one of them. Play with them, mingle with them and if possible eat with them.
9. When dealing with Omoniles, don’t deal with the father alone; make sure you carry the children along as problems with omo oniles start whenever the head of the family dies.
10. When dealing with Omoniles understand and identify the power brokers (Obas, Baales,) within the family.
11. When dealing with Omoniles ask enough questions as possible so as to save yourself enough trouble in the future.
12. When making payments, make sure you documents the whole process. Take pictures with the people involve, writes down your agreements, do video recordings and collect receipts.
Please note that if we start talking about the omoniles and the ways they operate we won’t leave here today. This few point were just to guide your steps so that you won’t fall victim of land scam.
For More details on Land Free from Omoniles Wahala and Government acquisitions, send your Whatsapp number or Email address to the contact details below
***Larrysng Homes and Properties (08060759304, 08185333109)***
Real Estate Consulting, Property Development, Management & Marketing
If You're a Man Above 25 Years this Article is For You