We all know that one of the best blogging software is WordPress. Without the cost and difficulties of publishing, we can easily create a blog or website. Thus, in these days when blogging is becoming an attractive and modern use of the Internet, WordPress can enable us to create professional, unique blog or website. Once decided on the type of blog or website you desire, we must be careful and see what kind of WordPress hosting is suitable for us, depending on the advantages and disadvantages of each.
WordPress offers two options: Hosted and Self Hosted WordPress.
While the self-hosted service includes a manual approach to the establishment, management and administration of our WordPress software, WordPress requires to be hosted personally. In the next lines I will try to expose any choice of the pros and cons, as they present themselves.
First, I must point out the quick and easy steps to follow to install the application. Second, you have no problems with updates, because the program updates itself automatically. Unfortunately, it is more rigid and it forces us to choose a domain, in contrast to the self-hosted WordPress.
- No cost – no cost was implied, the only thing I needed was to continue with my e-mail address
- Programmed updates – every time a new update is ready, the program is updated automatically.
- Easy to use and install – All I needed to create a WordPress.com blog is to follow three simple steps: Make an account, choose a subdomain and choose a theme and that was all.
- No profits – or more precisely, it is impossible to use the blog as a way to earn money from ads advertising as it is forbidden.
- Domain restrictions – to my surprise, I discovered that the blog can only wear these names mycyberblogs.wordpress.com but I wanted www.mycyberblogs.com
- Fixed amount of space – I have found out that it also possible to develop issue because of insufficient space
In summary, I consider it a bad choice if you have a blog or a site that can’t allow you to do mobility and make choices.
Self-Hosted WordPress – WordPress.org
For self-hosted WordPress, I needed the software, a name to chose for my domain, and a little attention. I was glad to see that it offered me all the freedom of choice, I could find and also the opportunity to earn a few dollars or even more. Thus, a self-hosted blog is a wide range of personalized options on an additional income earned.
Nevertheless, it offered me the ability to monitor my own blog without any restrictions, giving me total control over the administration of my own site.
- Income – There is the possibility to earn money from services rendered or from any application that could earn a lot of money, such as Google Adsense or any other PPC Ads.
- Freedom of choice – It gives me total freedom in choosing a topic appropriate to express what my blog is all about.
- Design – I have total control – I could design my blog, as I imagine it to me, which there are no restrictions and full range of options offered to me at every step
- Tools to optimize your search – this has allowed me to collect every piece of information in order to get my pages rank higher on search engines
- Plugins – These are tools that help in extending the functions of WordPress to do just about any thing you might of.
- Personalized domain name – I could choose my own domain name, so to find it to be easier and to make an impression that I’m in control… lol
- Installation – Installing WordPress is now with a click of botton. You can now install a WordPress blog automatically with just three simple steps.
- Cost – I had to pay for hosting for my own blog to get on the Internet and I was charged for the domain.
In summary, I consider Self-Hosted WordPress a good choice because to me, it has no disadvantages. If you’re setting up a blog to earn money online, then you should consider putting in some few cents to spend on hosting and domain registration – it worth it!
I prefer a Self Hosted WordPress blog to a Hosted one because it has so many functions and advantages not present in Hosted blog. Even WordPress knows this! What do you think? Share your thought by commenting below.