Due to the numerous questions I recieved every now and then, I got tired answering almost the same questions over and over again. So I decided to write out this post to include several of the questions I have been receiving from fans, friends and readers of this blog on General Etisalat Services, Offers, Internet Data Bundle, Blackberry Services, Subscriptions, Settings, Activation, Plans and Prices. Below are some lists of the frequently asked questions and their corresponding aswers, if your question is still not answered or you can not find what you are looking for, kindly ask using the comment form. I will keep updating this post with recent questions and answers.
Etisalat Services FAQ
1. How do I check my data bundle balance?
Ans: To check your data bundle balance, dial *228#
2. How do I know if my etisalat SIM/line has been registered?
Ans: To my knowledge, etisalat do not alert its subscribers whether his/her SIM registration is succesful or not but you can confirm by calling their customer care line on 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How do I get the free weekly 15MB data bundle from etisalat?
Ans: You need to recharge at least N200 every week to get the 15MB. Note that this freebies is only available to Easy Cliq customers only. And it is not compulsory you recharge N200 at once. You can recharge N100 twice so far it is within 7 days, you will get the free 15MB.
4. How do I recieve Internet Settings on my new etisalat line?
Ans: Insert your SIM into a GPRS-enabled mobile phone and you will be sent the settings automatically. In a case you did not receive the Settings, you need to set it up manually. For the manual etisalat internet settings, click here.
5. Can I use the free weekly 15MB on PC?
Ans: Yes. But mind you, it is just 15MB!
6. Can I use the free weekly 15MB data bundle on a Chinese phone, like Techno?
7. How do I change from Easy Starter to Easy Cliq plan?
Ans: To migrate from Easy Starter to Easy Cliq, dial *244*1#
8. How do I move from Easy Cliq to Easy Starter plan?
Ans: To migrate from Easy Cliq to Easy Starter, dial *224*2#
9. Why am I charge for migrating plans?
Ans: First migration is free. But subsequent migration within 30 days will cost you N100.
10. I recharged my line with N200 but I did not get the 15MB free data bundle, why?
Ans: Definately, you are not on Easy Cliq plan. To get access to this freebie, you must be on the Easy Cliq plan. See above question on how to migrate.
11. Is it true I can browse facebook free of charge on etisalat?
Ans: Yes. At the moment, etisalat is partnering with facebook to allow its subscriber browse facebook with 0.0k.
12. How do I cancel or unsubscribe from the daily data plan charges on etisalat?
Ans: To stop the daily deduction of your credit, dial *229*0# or send STOP to 229.
13. How do I know if I am on Easy Cliq or Easy Starter?
Ans: Just check your credit balance and you will find it there. And if you do not still find it, check the SMS etisalat will send to you after checking your balance, there should be some info there.
14. Will I get more bonuses if I load multiple of N200 in a week on Easy Cliq?
Ans: No. You will get 15MB, 10 MMS and 20k/s only once in a week irrespective of the amount of recharges you load above N200 in the week.
15. What are the benefits of Easy Cliq plan?
Ans: You will get 15MB free data, 10 free MMS and 20k/s call rate during off-peak period.
16. How do I know that I have ‘Cliq for the week’ bonus?
Ans: To confirm that you have free ‘Cliq for the week’ bonus, dial *232#. You will receive an SMS notification telling you the number of available free MMS you have and other bonuses.
17. What is ‘Cliq for the day’?
Ans: It is an opt-in tariff plan that offers discounted call rates on Easy Cliq lines at 20k/s for a daily charge of N5. You will also get free night calls upon N100 recharge from 12:30am to 4:30am to call all etisalat lines.
18. Will the ‘Cliq for the day’ affect my ‘Cliq for the week’?
19. I still can not find answers to my questions on Easy Cliq?
Ans: Pls visit www.etisalat.com.ng/faq-easycliq.php
20. I still can not find answers to my questions on Easy Starter?
Ans: Pls visit www.etisalat.com.ng/faq-easy.php
21. Can I transfer or send part of my 15MB Free Data Bundle to someone?
Ans: No. You can not transfer or send Data Bundles to anyone, at least for now.
I hope you’d find answers to your questions on different Etisalat services questions. I will keep updating this FAQ as questions arise.