Making huge sum of money every single week by predicting the outcome of football matches is now a reality. Football betting is one of the easiest ways to make money online even on a part time basis. Millions of naira, dollars, and pounds are paid out daily to those that knows how to abide by the rules of football betting. You too can have a share of the profit pie from football betting if you are ready to take some calculated risk. But first, you must have an online account with your favorite bookmaker by registering on their website. You can register with one of the best bookmakers in Nigeria by clicking here (I will tell you why they are the best in online betting later).
You don’t have to be a ‘guru’ in mathematics before you can start placing bet on football matches. Sport betting does not require large sum of money to start, in fact you can start betting on football matches right away and start making millions if you have the right attitude and well organized.
Though football betting have its own risk just like every other businesses, it is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling money making venture anyone can get into only if you can make it work.
Vital Things You Should Know Before Placing a Bet
Before you take the calculated risk of placing a single bet, there are some vital things you should know that could make you a successful punter.
1. Do not bet at the beginning of a season: If you want to make it big in football betting, make it a must not to bet at the beginning of a football season. Take your time to study each team well after they might have played about 5 matches each in order to get your team analysis well.
2. Try to focus on a specific league: This is your secret to being a successful punter. Specify on a specific league, try to know much on each teams in the league. Also try as much as possible to bet on league matches only.
3. Things change: Never assume that the team you place bet on would win always as any result is possible regardless of your analysis.
4. Keep records: Always keep a day-to-day record of your bets, winning and looses. Also always remain calm after a major big win.
5. Never over-do: Place bet on what you can afford.
6. Don’t be over greedy: So many people lose money due to their greed. They want to use N200 to win N100,000 or more by accumulating 6-10 matches on one single ticket. As I said earlier you can never be right always. Place bet on 2 or 3 matches in a league and don’t tend to accumulate all the matches in a day on a single bet.
SOME TYPES OF FOOTBALL BETTING TO START WITH AS A BEGINNER
A straight bet is the most common type of bet. Here you pick a single team to win based on a particular odds placed on each team by the betting site you are using. It could be the team to cover the spread or the game total to go over or under. You are basically predicting whether the result at the end of normal time will be one of these three options i.e. a win for one team, a win for the other team or a draw.
For example Arsenal v Wigan: Wigan to win
You win if Wigan won at regulation time but lose if it’s a draw or Arsenal win.
An accumulator or parleys bet is a single wager involving multiple proportions. This involves combining matches for maximum profits. This bet requires the punter to choose several different selections of teams and expect them all to win their various matches. Payout odds in this type of bet increases as the number of included proportions increases. As a beginner it is advisable not to place this kind of bet as that proportion you included because of the large payout you see can let you down. If you strongly fancy a particular outcome then bet on that one only.
Total Goals (Under/Over)
Also known as under/over, typically this is a two option bet on whether there will be more or less than the number of goals quoted. Normally the bet is more or less than 2.5 goals but you will often see many variations such as 0.5,1.5,3.5 and 4.5. Again this is at the end of normal time. This is quite a popular bet as there are only two outcomes and often it can be possible to predict high and low scoring games yet you don’t really have a clue what the score might be.
For example Chelsea v Bolton: you bet Over 2.5 Goals
You win this bet if 3 or more goals are scores after regulation time but Loses if 2 or lesser goals are scores after regulation time.
Correct Score (CS)
This type of football betting involves predicting the score line at the end of normal time of football play. Scores are quotes as “Home Team Score – Away Team Score” so be sure to check so as to get things the right way. There are many possible score lines for a match so the odds can be quite high but also the chances of winning can be low. However in some cases there can be value for certain results if you know a team scoring ability.
For example. Chelsea v Man Utd: 2-1
You Wins if Chelsea win 2-1 but Loses if any other score emerges after 90 minutes.
Half Time / Full Time (HT/FT)
Also known as “double result” this bet involves predicting the result of a football match at half time and full time respectively in a single bet. Let’s take a match between Liverpool and Chelsea. There are 9 possible results for the “double result bet”.
At half time there are 3 possibilities – it could be a draw, Liverpool winning or Chelsea winning. Then for each of these there are the same three possibilities at full time. Consequently the options are quoted like below in the form:
“Half time result – Full time result”
For example Liverpool v Chelsea: Liverpool – Draw
This bet wins if Liverpool is winning at half time AND it’s a draw at full time
It loses if any of the other 8 situations occur
This type of bet can be much more interesting if one team is heavily fancied to win, betting on it to win at half time and full time will give you much better odds than just betting on it to win at full time. But it is also more risky and not always sensible to bet a team to do something they don’t have to do.
Also for weaker fancies sometimes betting on there to be a draw at half time and then for them to be winning at full time can be popular, especially where there’s a fair chance there may not be any goals in the match and hence a 0-0 draw at half time is quite likely. If you know the teams who come from behind to win or play safe in the first half and go for it in the second half then you could pick up some good bets using this type of football bet.
First Goal Scorer (FGS)
Just as it sounds it’s involve placing bet on who score the first goal in a football match. There’s an option for “no goal scorer” which is if there is no goal scored in “normal time”.
Issues can only arise in this type of bet if:
1. There is an Own Goals – it is advisable to check the policy of your bookmaker on this type of bet. Often they are ignored so the next normal goal counts as the first goal scorer, and if there are no other goals, then bets on “no goal scorer win”. This is one reason why it is often better to bet on “no goal scorer” than on “0-0” as the odds are regularly the same yet, the first still wins if there’s an own goal.
2. Substitutes – if you choose Van Persie to score first for Man United and he scores from the subs bench, or comes on after the first goal do you get your money back – usually yes – but check with your bookie.
The bookmakers margins can be quite high but in certain circumstances it could be worthwhile. Make sure you know who the penalty takers are. If you really know your stiff then you could take advantage here.
E.G. Arsenal v Swasea: Michu to Score First
You Win if Michu score the first goal (excluding own goals)
You Loses if any other player scores first
But You get your stakes back if Michu was on the bench when the first goal was scored.
Last Goal Scorer Bets (LGS)
This is the reverse of the first goal scorer bet. Just like the first goal scorer bet, the odds are always the same. If you know your teams and players very well then you can take advantage of this one for maximum profit.
Half Time Result (HTR)
This bet is based on half time result unlike the full time result bet. The result of the match at half time determines your winning.
For instance, Real Madrid v Barcelona. Half Time Draw
You won if it is a draw at half time
You Lose if any of the team is winning at half time
Draw No Bet (DNB)
This bet involves you placing bet on either team to win if virtually at the end of the game there is a draw you get your state back. The bad side of this type of bet is that the odds on each team winning are reduced.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE PICKING A TEAM.
1. Home and Away records of the team you are placing bet on.
2. Recent results of the team you are betting on. Result of 5-6 matches previously played.
3. Check up to date team and the effect of players missing the match or returning players.
4. The team manager styles of play also matters when placing your bet.
5. Team style of play.
6. Previous goal scored or against of the team you are betting on.
7. If it is a rival game, check each team head to head previous winning before betting.
8. If there is an international match or European league make sure you do your analysis well before placing your bet as these kinds of games do affect player’s form.
Finally find bookmakers or sportsbooks with good reputation that can give you the best odds. Also make sure you can withdraw or deposit your money easily with the bookmakers before you place your bet on them. The best one I can recommend to you is NairaBet. You can also try out 1960Bet, Bet9ja, Surebet and so on for easy and efficient football betting in Nigeria.
As a beginner, these are the basic things you need to know if you want to have a share of the gobs of cash week in week out that is being paid out just by predicting the outcome of football matches played.