Fried rice is a delicacy in most parts of Nigeria and is sought after at almost every kind of occasion you can think of . It can be eaten with salad, moi moi and of course coleslaw. It goes well with fried, grilled, pepper chicken, pepper beef or pepper fish.
It is very tasty yet easy to prepare be it for your family or for an occasion. With a few ingredients you can have your delicious fried rice on the way .
Ingredients for Fried Rice
- Rice -3cups
- Carrots -5 medium sized
- Green peas -3/4 cup
- Onions -3 medium sized
- Liver (cow) -100grms
- Vegetable oil
- Curry powder -1 tablespoon
- Seasoning – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and cut the liver into small pieces. Add onions, seasoning and salt and cook till done.
- Wash and chop the chicken into pieces , put in a pot, add seasoning and onions and boil. When boiled put a pan on the fire , add oil and heat then fry until golden brown.
- Scrape, wash, and dice the carrots into small cubes. Peel wash and slice the onions.
- Put the diced carrots and green peas in two separate containers and pour hot water over them. Allow to soak for 5 mins then drain.
- Parboil the rice then wash and drain all the water using a sieve.
- Drain the chicken stock through a sieve to remove onions, meat pieces etc. Pour the stock into a pot and boil. When the water boils, pour in the parboiled rice, curry and salt. The water level should be just below the rice or at the same level with it. Stir well then cook on medium heat to avoid the rice from burning. When the rice is boiled it should be in between soft and hard (not soft and not too hard).
- When the rice is boiled empty it into a bowl or large dish to cool down this will prevent the grains from sticking to each other.
- The rice should be divided into equal portions as it will be fried in batches. All other ingredients such as the carrots, peas, liver and so on should also be divided into the same number of portions. The oil for frying should also be divided into the same number of equal portions.
- Place a frying pan on fire and pour in a portion of the oil and allow to heat. When the oil is hot add one portion of the chopped onions and stir then a portion of the diced liver and also a portion each of the diced carrots, peas and finally one portion of cooked rice.
- Stir all the ingredients very well. You can add more seasoning if required. When the ingredients are well stirred, transfer to a serving dish. Follow the same procedure for the remaining portions.
Eat the fried rice after you are done with preparing or cool and store in the fridge as fried rice gets bad quickly.
Ingredients for coleslaw
- Cabbage (1 small)
- Carrots (2 medium sized)
- Green peas (1/2 tin)
- Green pepper (1 small)
- Salad cream/mayonnaise (8 – 10 tablespoons
- Scrap and wash the carrots then shred.
- Wash the cabbage green pepper and onions. Then chop all the vegetables into small pieces. Pour the vegetables into a bowl and stir.
- Mix salad cream/mayonnaise in a small container add sugar and stir well.
- Pour the cream over the bowl of vegetables and stir very well.
Serve the fried rice along with the chicken and the coleslaw.
Do you get an unsatisfied response from your wife after making love? Discover a great natural solution that changed my story and put an end to weak erection and premature ejaculation permanently. Click here.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to read my story.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a foreign company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.