Have you been nursing the idea of launching a fitness program for yourself? Maybe because you want to lose some weight generally, or shed some fat in certain areas of your body, for example, belly fat; or simply because you want to stay healthy and fit.
Committing to a weight loss program or fitness routine, however, is one of those things that are easier said than done. It takes a lot of will, discipline, and courage; and being completely clear on what your goals are.
In this article, I’ll share with you 9 general fitness tips you should consider as you set out to start your fitness journey and keep at it. Whether you’re still nursing the idea or have already commenced, or whether you started out but derailed along the way, these tips will apply to your situation.
9 General Fitness Tips
1. Set a Goal: Before you commit to anything, you must be clear about what your goals are. The same is true for your fitness journey. Don’t just think it; get a pen and paper and clearly write out what you want to achieve.
Is it to lose some weight; how much? To build your muscles, or just to keep fit and stay healthy generally? Whatever it is, it’s your goal; and keeping it in perspective will help you measure your progress as you go.
2. Have a Plan: Your goal(s) will only come alive if you have a strategic plan in place. What forms of exercises will you need to do to achieve your goal(s)? What time of the day is most feasible for you to workout – mornings or evenings? What changes do you need to make in your diet?
On the average, you can exercise at least 30 minutes per day; 4-6 days per week. You know your schedule better than anyone else; choose what works best for you.
3. A “Before” Profile: If your goal(s) include general weight loss or belly fat loss, you will do well to keep a “before” profile.
Take a photo of yourself or your belly, weigh yourself, (you can equally measure the circumference of your belly with a tape) before you start your fitness journey. Do these every other month too to track your progress as you go.
4. Evaluate and Consider Your Present Health Status: Before you commit to any new regimen, be sure of your current health status. Do you have any form of chronic illness? Are you diabetic? Do you have any bone disease? It won’t hurt to consult your physician and/or physiotherapist.
5. Get Trendy: That means getting ahold of, and reading fitness books and magazines; reading fitness blogs etc; to learn and stay up to date with current fitness developments.
6. Keep a Fitness Journal: Besides writing down your goals and keeping a ‘before’ and ongoing profile of your weight, you should equally keep records of your daily meals, as well as your daily workouts – ticking it off each day as you go.
You’ll be amazed at what these will show you. You get to see what’s working, what you need to tweak, and if there is, what you need to cancel out of your regimen completely.
7. Eat Less Meals More Frequently: As opposed to eating large portions thrice a day or skipping meals. Include more protein, fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
8. Drink Water: Lots of it. Up to 2.2 litres per day. That is approximately 4 sachets of water or 3 cans of 75cl bottled water.
9. Vibration Machine: Making use of a vibration machine will not only make you lose weight, it will make you keep fit, lower blood pressure and improves circulation. Read more on vibration machine here.
There. My top 9 general fitness tips to help you successfully kick-start your fitness journey and keep at it. According to Socrates, to do is to be. Therefore, I encourage you to apply these tips to your fitness journey if you desire positive results.
Your turn: Are there tips I didn’t include in this list? What tips have you found useful, and would recommend to others?
Do you get an unsatisfied response from your wife after making love? Discover a great natural solution that changed my story and put an end to weak erection and premature ejaculation permanently. Click here.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to read my story.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a foreign company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.