Are you a first time mom and you are confused about when to say goodbye to diapers or do not have a clue about how to get this done? Here are a few things to help you.
Potty training also known as toilet training is a process of training your child to use the toilet or a potty for urination or defecation as opposed to doing it in his/her diaper as before.
Now its important to know that different children responds to potty training in different ways and at different times so do not force your child to learn it because your friends child is already potty trained, it is important to know when your child is ready to start so that the training will be easier and much more effective.
As we all know it’s not easy to change even as adults, it’s not always easy to change from an accustomed habit to another so do not expect your toddler to just wake up a day and accept the changes you want him to.
I have a 2 year old toddler, when he was about a year old, people started telling me he should be potty trained already so I decided to try. I got him a potty and in the morning I try putting him on it but he just screams and vehemently refuses to sit on it, this got me worried because he was my first child and I thought I wasn’t doing something right but I decided to stop since all effort was proving to be futile.
At about 18 months or thereabout, he started taking interest in the toilet, he tries to flush the toilet, he loves to go in there, etc so I decided to start potty training again at 2 years old, this time around I was successful after about 3 weeks. This is how I did it.
– I started talking to him about it whenever I see him go to the toilet to have a look, turn up the tap or flush the system. I always told him this is where you pooh pooh and things like flush the toilet, I want to pooh pooh etc
– I allowed him satisfy his curiosity will, I stayed there smiling and affirming him
– After I did all that, I saw I had gained his attention so I stopped wearing him diapers during the day. At first, he will just stand where he is and urinate or defecate, as an African woman I believe in spanking a child so I tell him, ‘NO don’t do that’ but when it didn’t work just saying No, I started giving him some little spanking
– After some weeks he started showing signs whenever he wanted to use the toilet so I will take him to the toilet and he will use it. Gradually he started opening the toilet door to go ease himself on his own and that’s how we finished the potty training in 3 weeks. Now he just goes to the toilet on his own or he tells me “I want to pooh pooh”.
Above is how I trained my own son, you can use this idea to train yours. Remember children are different and what works for one might not work for the other.
Things to Note:
– Do not force your child, make sure he or she is ready first before you start potty training.
– Do not introduce potty training to your toddler when he/she is not feeling fine health-wise, it wont work.
– Make potty training a very interesting one, toddlers love to play so don’t make potty training too serious for your toddler, make it playful and interesting to catch his attention.
– Say a firm NO whenever he/she pee or pooh pooh on the floor. Don’t do this whenever your toddler doesn’t use the potty.
– Be consistent in your training once you start.
– If you start when your toddler isn’t ready yet, just stop and give some time before you introduce it again.
– Do not overload your child, do not try to introduce more than one change per time or more than one new thing per time, they are still too young to go through several changes at the same time.
Moms know that potty training isn’t an easy task so you must be patient and apply all the techniques at your disposal.
Do you get an unsatisfied response from your wife after making love? Discover a great natural solution that changed my story and put an end to weak erection and premature ejaculation permanently. Click here.
How I totally got rid of my pot belly, excess fat and overweight in just 9 days. Click here for details.
After four years, I finally got over infertility with this natural solution. Click here to find out.
How I recovered from high blood pressure without chemical. Click here to find out how I did it.
How I increased my blokos size & last 40mins+ in bed every night with a natural solution. Click here for details.
AMAZING! How this business makes me over 800k monthly partnering with Facebook & a U.S company. Click here to download FREE report now.
LATEST DISCOVERY! How to reverse Type II Diabetes in few weeks completely with this natural solution. No side effect. Click here.
Own a property at Ibeju-Lekki - the fastest developing area in Lagos State for as low as N1.5 million.
WARNING TO MEN: These 3 foods is killing your erection & sexual performance. Click here to know them.
ONE game cut your ticket? Don't worry. NairaBET go still pay you. Click here to register with NairaBET.